Coach Strong doing a tough job well

In recent days, criminal charges and violations of team rules have led Coach Charlie Strong to dismiss and suspend multiple students from our football team. These are unfortunate losses, but I fully support Coach Strong and the hard line on discipline he takes. Indeed, this trait is among the reasons he was hired.

There’s no more demanding job in college sports than coach of the Texas Longhorns football team. In Charlie Strong, we have the right person for the job. Young players across Texas and beyond know that when they come to UT Austin, they’ll live by Coach Strong’s rules or they won’t play football. This will attract the best young men, and they will make all of us proud on the field and off.

Bill's Signature

Court rules for UT Austin in Fisher case

This afternoon, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit announced its decision in the case of Fisher vs. the University of Texas at Austin, which had been remanded to the Fifth Circuit by...

Giving Back to Support the Next Generation in Engineering

[caption id="attachment_4453" align="alignleft" width="350"] David Anderson, the executor of Whaley's estate, and his wife, Ann, and son, Matt (center) with Bill Powers (left) and Dean Sharon Wood (right).[/caption] As we enter the final weeks of...

Comments

1. Jerry Earl says:

From what I have read, UT head coach is doing a very good job and I admire his core values he has set for his team. I would hope the remaining Big 12 coaches would follow in his steps.

2. I like what Coach Strong is doing in Longhorn land!

3. Amen!