Congratulations, New Graduates

Graduates

On Saturday, 3,244 students will enter the next phase of their Longhorn careers, graduating and so becoming Texas Exes. I welcome the families of our new graduates to the Forty Acres, and I celebrate with them this momentous event in the lives of their children, brothers and sisters, spouses, and in some cases, parents.

New graduates, I look forward to seeing what you do with the education you received here. At UT Austin we say “What starts here changes the world,” and we mean it. The Eyes of Texas — and of the world — are upon you, so make the most of your lives. Stay in touch with your classmates, your professors, your deans, and with me, and come back often to visit your alma mater.

Congratulations to all of our graduates and to all of their loved ones who have helped them reach this point. And Hook ’em Horns!

Bill's Signature

Strengthening America’s Great Public Flagship Universities

Several years ago, I helped establish a network of more than 20 leading public research universities and partner organizations including the Forum for the Future of Higher Education, the Lumina Foundation to share ideas, best...

Kiplinger’s: UT Austin among America’s Best Values

Today Kiplinger’s Personal Finance announced its annual ranking of best values in American higher education, and UT Austin has jumped six spots to No. 21. Kiplinger’s ranks the top 100 four-year schools that combine outstanding...