Class of 2013 on its way

Commencement 2013 Saturday evening
On Saturday night, members of UT’s Class of 2013 became alumni. As always, I was inspired by their stories, their smiles, and the pride of their families and friends. I know our faculty was proud as well, as these graduates are the fruit of their labor. And our staff members, especially the dozens of specialists involved in putting on this majestic event each May, have my thanks for all it has done during this school year.

As our graduates go out into the world, I want to be sure all of you get a chance to see these remarkable stories  of how our newest alumni are making a difference. I’m proud of all of them.

Now it’s on to summer. For many, it will be another round of intensive classes. Others will expand their horizons with travel and study abroad, internships, service, and other activities tailored for this season of regrouping and continued growth.

What starts here changes the world.

Bill's Signature

Newest student regent is a Longhorn

Earlier this month, Governor Perry appointed Longhorn undergraduate Nash Horne of Austin to serve as the next student regent on the UT System Board of Regents beginning June 1. Nash is a political communications major...