2012 President’s Associates Teaching Excellence Awards

I’d like to share with you the winners of this year’s President’s Associates Teaching Excellence Award. This $5,000 award recognizes great teaching of undergraduates in the core curriculum. Winners must also have been involved in curriculum reform and educational innovation. This year’s winners are:

• Jane Arledge, Lecturer, Mathematics, College of Natural Sciences
  • Ruth Buskirk, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences
  • Michael Scott, Senior Lecturer, Computer Science, College of Natural Sciences
  • Wendy Domjan, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, College of Liberal Arts
  • Patrick Davis, Professor and Senior Associate Dean, Pharmacy

The recipients will be honored with a banquet in the spring. Congratulations to all of this year’s winners. You make the University a better place to teach and to learn.

What starts here changes the world.

Thankful for Much

As we prepare to go our separate ways for the Thanksgiving holiday, I want to start my own observance by thanking you. I’m reminded daily just how blessed Kim and I are to be surrounded...

Coach Brown has my full support

Now that the Longhorn football team has finished its regular season, there has been an increase in media speculation about Coach Mack Brown’s future. I’d like to state unequivocally that Coach Brown has my full...