Welcoming Army’s Senior Service Fellows

With Senior Service Fellows on the balcony outside my office

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting with our incoming class of Senior College Fellows, who are all Army colonels and lieutenant colonels with 20-25 years of experience in the military. They’ll be on the Forty Acres for one year attending classes as part of their master’s degree program at the U.S. Army War College.

In 1991, the Army designated UT Austin as a host university for the Army’s Senior Service College Fellows Program, and UT has the largest number of fellows of any participant school. By the time they graduate in May, these 11 will have attained the highest level of military education this nation has to offer and, in the process, will have shared a great deal of wisdom with our students.

I’m grateful for their service and excited about their upcoming year on the campus.

Hook ’em Horns,

Bill's Signature

UT 2nd best value in U.S. according to SmartMoney Magazine

We have known for years that a UT degree is a good value, but it's still nice to get outside confirmation. a survey just published by SmartMoney Magazine, UT Austin is the second-best value in...

Faculty Member, Student to Join University Budget Council

In 2000, my predecessor, President Larry Faulkner, identified the need for a small group of leaders to advise him on UT’s complex budget. The resulting University Budget Council has been a very valuable tool for...