An Important Milestone

I want to thank the nearly 200,000 alumni, friends, parents, and organizations who have contributed to The Campaign for Texas.  We have just passed the midway point of the capital campaign, with $1.55 billion in gifts and pledges.

2011 Capital Campaign Update

Your continued support will help us advance our academic initiatives and achieve our goal of becoming the best public university in the nation. Your gifts support students, faculty, and programs in ways that would not otherwise be possible.

Even as we celebrate this milestone, we recognize that much work remains. If you haven’t contributed, join the team and be a part of our victory during the second half. Every gift matters.

Hook ’em Horns!

Bill's Signature

Op-Ed: UT Austin Among Nation's Most Productive Universities

The The Dallas Morning News have recently published my op-ed on UT's productivity: With more than 52,000 students and many nationally ranked academic programs, The University of Texas at Austin is one of the most...

Dinner with UT Staff

[/caption] During dinner, we usually go around the table and I ask each person to tell me a little about their work. Joining me were staff from Liberal Arts, the iSchool, the McCombs School, the...