The Public Research University of the Future

Dear Tower Talk  Readers,

As you may know, I delivered a major speech on our campus on Monday addressing what I believe are the challenges and goals of the public research university of the future and how UT is leading the way toward this new vision.

Afterwards I spoke with Professor Todd Ditmire, UT senior Katie Maass, and Professor David Oshinsky, whose work I recognized in my speech.

In case you missed the live broadcast, I thought you might be interested in reading the text which is available online at:

http://www.utexas.edu/president/speeches/05092011.html

Or you can watch the video on YouTube.

All best from the Forty Acres.

Bill's Signature

A New Era of Collaborative Innovation in Public Higher Education

I wanted to share this message, which I sent to our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends yesterday: Dear Friends and Colleagues, Recently I attended a meeting of the Association of American Universities in Washington,...

Fostering Innovation at UT

[caption id="attachment_2201" align="aligncenter" width="368" caption="From left, Ray Bowen, Rex Tillerson, and Michael Brown."]The Academy of Medicine, Engineering and Science of Texas. The forum included an impressive group of panelists: David Booth, chairman of Dimensional Fund...

Comments

1. Thank you, President Powers, for fighting for UT!