The statistical analysis of our student body for the fall 2014 semester is now complete, and I’d like to share a few of the highlights with you:
- This fall, there were 51,313 students at UT Austin. This is down 1.4% from the previous fall.
- The one-year retention rate increased from 93.6% to 94.5%. This is the highest one-year retention rate in UT’s history.
- The average SAT score for first-time freshmen increased 42 points this year to 1914. The average ACT score increased to 29.
- Our largest college is Natural Sciences, with 23.1% of our students. The next largest colleges are Liberal Arts (18.3%), Engineering (14.7%), Business (10.5%), and Communication (9.2%).
- The ethnic makeup of our student body is:
- UT has 1.6% more women than men.
As our spring semester classes begin today, I welcome back our outstanding students. I’m looking forward to a great second half of the school year.
Hook ’em Horns!